This fully equipped weighing belt conveyor is a totalizing scale known as "with conveyor included". It is designed for weighing bulk products in the extractive, mineral, fertilizer or phosphates production, agri-industry, sugar refinery, timber and other activity sector carrying bulk products.
The reachable accuracy with a banding totalizing scale depends on the characteristics of the conveyor to be equipped. When these are incompatible with good practices, the BT offers the perfect alternative to obtain the desired accuracy.
In fact, the BT weighing conveyor fits into the handling circuit, following the conveyor unfit for the installation of the planned banding scale. This BT continuous weighing infrastructure is based on strain gauge sensors and its accuracy depends on the available drum spacing.
It can be used for commercial transactions thanks to PRECIA MOLEN I 400 BS electronics according to the following regulatory accuracy classes: 0.5 (+/-0.25%)
The BT weighing conveyor consists of several elements:
• A rigid fabricated steel carrying chassis to be installed on a metal or concrete framework.
• A weighing chassis consisting of two braced stringers, equipped with roller stations, forming the trough conveyor at 30°.
• A hinge device designed for transferring the loads while eliminating the material feeding impact.
• One or two strain gauge sensors with mounting hardware.
The use of a pulling clevis fitting eliminates all mechanical stresses that could disturb the weight measurement.
• A set of Mine type carrying and return rollers.
• A control drum mounted on ball bearings and placed at the foot of the conveyor (pushed belt).
• A constant speed drive geared motor unit with asynchronous motor and hollow shaft gearbox.
• A return drum mounted on ball bearings and placed at the head of the conveyor.
• A smooth textile structure belt: synthetic, rubber, abrasionresistant coating, self-extinguishing, anti-grease, etc.
• A belt tension adjustment device (screw), placed at the foot of the conveyor.
• A lower belt scraper placed on the return strand.
• A tangential belt scraper under the discharge drum.
• A feed panel with rubber shield, integral with the frame and intended for centring the product on the belt.
• A device for measuring the conveyor belt
• moving speed.
• A standard weight bracket, incorporated into the conveyor structure, allows making dynamic calibration on site easily.
• Two emergency stop boxes installed on each side of the conveyor feed panel.
• A locking device for transport and assembly. It prevents the weight sensors from being damaged and holds both parts of the scale, weighing and fixed, together.
The conveyor being totally weighing, there is no weight measuring disturbance connected to the product displacement, trough angle or belt tension. A such design allows getting an accurate, reliable and repeatable weight measurement even under the most severe operating conditions.